Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 27, 2014

The beginning.....A Squatcher is born

Hello my name is Scott aka Squatchinluver. I'm just going to come clean and admit this right off the bat.....I was scared to death of Bigfoot when I was a kid!! Every time Patty, of Patterson/Gimlin fame would come on the TV, I would make a hasty retreat to the safety of my bedroom. My Dad and younger brother always thought this was hilarious. They would intentionally try to find Bigfoot shows without my knowledge and watch my reaction. Love my family.... But when other kids were having nightmares of the boogyman, scary clowns, or vampires, I was having nightmares of Bigfoot. I had my Dad up in the middle of the night so many times insisting Bigfoot was in my closet. So I guess I got the last laugh on my old man!

As I got older and matured (puberty) I started embracing the subject of Bigfoot. I read everything I could on the subject. I was no longer petrified of Bigfoot but more intrigued. One of the first books I read was "The Boy Who Saw Bigfoot" by Marian T. Place. I absolutely loved the book and I can still feel the same feelings I felt reading it as a young boy. After that book it was anything and everything I could get my hands on. You can imagine my excitement when the 6 Million Dollar Man episode came on featuring the Big Fella. I also enjoyed Harry and The Henderson's and it was comforting thinking that Bigfoot could actually be a nice, passive being. I also enjoyed "In Search Of" with Leonard Nimoy and the countless documentary type shows on Patty. What self respecting Bigfooter wouldn't have "The Legend Of Boggy Creek" on their list of favorites?!?!

With High School, College, and starting a family my passion for all things Squatch had to be tempered. There were duties and responsibilities that I had to attend to that realistically were more important. That didn't mean I couldn't still read an occasional book or catch a show on Tv but my mind and heart had to be in other aspects of life. I love my family and they are my whole world and it's so fitting that they indirectly would play a part in my future Squatching life.

My whole Squatch education was books, T.V , shows, etc, as mentioned earlier. I didn't have the luxury of the internet when I was growing up. So my whole mind set in relation to Bigfoot was that they live in the Pacific Northwest....period! Never in a million years could I ever imagine they could be in other States let alone in my state of Pennsylvania! Never did I read a book or watch a TV show that was based in Ohio or Pennsylvania or New York. It was always Washington State, Northern California, or Oregon. So that was my mind set until three years ago.

I have three sons. Anyone with kids know how this routine works. You become "friends" with the parents of the kids that your kids are either A) friends with or B) playing sports with at the time. The sports one is tricky if they play several different sports in a year like mine. We could have the football team parents over one night and the next night it's the wrestling parents. Anyway, we were invited to one of the friends parents house one night for some corn hole (corn toss) and drinks. The host begins to tell me about two of his buddies who had an encounter with Bigfoot. To say I was floored would be a drastic understatement! My mind was racing a million miles a minute. But Bigfoot doesn't live in Pa! I want him to...but the books never said he does! But if he does I can go look for him! You can see my thinking...lol I had to meet these guys and get to the bottom of this.

After several weeks of trying I finally meet these two guys. One guy is an ex military type seemed genuinely like a nice guy and the other was a cop from a local city. They tell me their story and if my jaw wasn't on the ground I would be shocked! They had not only one but TWO Squatch full blown screaming less than 100 yards away from them. They said the sound was incredibly loud and shrill like, with a touch of primate. One would scream to the front left and the other would respond to the front right of the men. This went on for a minute or so and then silence. The last thing they heard was a loud thump.  Both men are experienced outdoorsman and they have never heard screams like that before or since. After waiting a half hour or so they had to go investigate. This was not an easy task and they had to climb a shear hill side to get to the area of the screams. First thing they found was a big stump that had been picked up and placed approximately 10ft from where it was originally. The second thing they saw almost sent them to their knees......an 18" track!

Needless to say they were a little shook up so they vacated the area immediately. Several days had passed and after having time to ponder the events they went back with casting materials. The track after several days had deteriorated a little and was not as perfect as it could of been had it been cast on the day it was left. But they had a Bigfoot track cast. After several more days they felt comfortable enough to share their story with a friend. This friend had a connection in the film business who contacted Matt Moneymaker, the president of the BFRO or Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization. Matt is a heavy hitter in the field of Squatch and he boarded a plane for Pennsylvania. He spent around 5 days setting camera traps and looking for sign. He gave the men a lot of useful tips and tactics for looking for Bigfoot. Matt shared with them that there are Bigfoot for a fact and they are in a lot more places than just the Pacific Northwest. And with this new found information a Squatcher was born...









No comments:

Post a Comment