Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 21, 2014

Odds and Ends

Just a quick post with some odds and ends pictures of some different stuff. All of the" leaners" are trees that aren't ones that just fell over and landed mysteriously the way they are. I could not find their original origin and they almost look foreign and out of place. Make of it what you will, I am just showing it for discussion sake. With that in mind they all seem to be in areas that we have had high activity in. The second picture down is at the entrance of the trail head from the power line that we had a close encounter at two years ago. As you can see on the third picture down, that tree is intertwined between four other trees. A natural occurrence?? I was reminded of the last picture from a post on FB. A lady was showing a bunch of low breaks on trees and she theorized they might be caused by juveniles breaking them with their strong feet and legs. Sounds like a plausible theory to me. I find quite a bit of low breaks on saplings and I always chalk them up to natural phenomena. But the last picture was in a secluded valley and was very protected from wind and possible lightning. I personally tried to break the other tree next to it and couldn't it because of the rigidness. Again, I don't have the answers. I'm just trying to make sense out of all this! Happy Squatchin.....




No comments:

Post a Comment