Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Who or what eats bones??

I found some bones about a month ago while out Squatchin. There were only scattered vertebrae, and rib bones. I couldn't find the skull or any leg bones but I'm assuming by the larger vertebrae that they are from a deer. The odd thing is that the majority of the rib bones have been chewed on. I am very familiar with what rodent damage looks like on deer antlers and other bones. These rib bones were chewed on by molars because of the crushing nature of the damage. I'm adding a couple pics for you guys to look at. I'm hoping the quality is allright for your viewing.....if not I can take more pictures on my next foray. If anyone has a definitive idea of what did this please share. Thanks and as always Happy Squatchin.....



No comments:

Post a Comment